The waves were really small at the pipe. Calvin and I went down early to have a surf before Calvin had to coach a class at 09:00. He didn’t even want to use my longboard. So I sat and painted the mountains over Gordons Bay.
I still had some time because I decided to wait for Calvin to finish. So I did this view. I was sitting near the path so lots of people stopped to chat and look at my work. This is quite fun. But I lost concentration when I was doing the sea so it became a bit of a mess.
Here is a framework I had in mind as I did the first one:
- “Approach each critical task with an explicit goal of getting much better at it.
- As you do the task, focus on what’s happening and why you’re doing it the way you are.
- After the task, get feedback on your performance from multiple sources. Make changes to your behaviour as necessary.
- Continually build mental models of your situation – your industry, your company, your career. Enlarge the models to encompass more factors.
- Do these steps regularly, not sporadically. Occasional practice does not work.”
It was really hot – I got a little burnt – what a pleasure – then class came up from the surf and I felt an urge for a waffle – Mugg and Bean make the best round here – so Calvin and I joined the crush at the mall – so there.